AK73-the perfect running club for you!
What is AK73?
AK73 was launched in 1973 and welcomes both those who run for fitness and competitive athletes. AK73 is a small, friendly club with around 50 members of all ages over 18. If you can run 5km, you can run and improve with AK73! We have an international membership with students and professionals from Europe and the USA and instructions can be given in English.
Why join AK73?
- to improve your fitness and speed using structured, varied and effective group training designed by our qualified and highly-experienced trainers
- to get professional advice about training and custom training plans
- to meet other runners, share their experiences and enthusiasm
- to participate in road, track and cross country races from 1500m to the marathon
- to meet like-minded people to socialize with
When, where and how to find AK73?
We run all year round on Tuesdays at 17:30, Thursdays at 17:30. Training takes place from Østerbro Stadion, Gunnar Nu Hansens Plads, Copenhagen DK-2100 from the stage on the left hand side of the stadium’s vestibule. You can change clothes, store clothes and belongings in a locker (you need to bring a padlock) and shower after training. Nordhavn Station is a 7 minute walk from the stadium and buses 1A and 14 run down Østerbrogade, the main street adjoining Gunnar Ny Hansens Plads.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, members are divided into groups based on speed and distance and run under the direction of a trainer for approximately one hour. Training may comprise road, off- road or track intervals, fartlek or tempo runs and is posted in advance on the club’s homepage www.ak73.dk. A 20- 30 minute core stability training rounds off the sessions. On Saturdays, all run together.
You are welcome to try AK73’s training free for one month before joining. If you do, membership for active members costs 400kr per year.
What is included in membership costs?
- Structured training from qualified and experienced trainers
- Free access to the running track, changing and weight training facilities
- 20% discount on all sports clothing from www.Cloth4sport.dk
- Social events including club evenings with lectures, dinners, summer and Christmas parties